Welcome to your 2011 Hurricane Season!

A. T. you are so right, 3days! Hah! 3 WEEKS is more like it. Have a way to prepare food, either gas range (don't have one) or BBQ pit outside. Have plenty water, we fill up new trash cans with lids on them, lots of snack type foods and a weather radio. As a friend texted to me during hurricane Rita,
WHEN YOU CAN'T WATCH THE NEWS, IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE THE NEWS!

hide.gif
I am NOT looking forward to this season. There has been such extreme weather globally that it has me a tad nervous about what we can expect. I hope I don't have to learn how to plywood my windows. My house is brick/CBS. Rain would be a blessing right now though.

Nahhh! we won't get any hurricanes this year either. I have lived in Florida off and on for over 10 years now and every time I move out of state Fl gets a hurricane! When I move back...nothing
idunno.gif
I LOVE storms and have always said...bring it ON!
bun.gif

I end up eating all my H rations so they don't go bad
lol.png
One year when we lived in Naples, George was on its way.......we boarded up and was all prepared having a hurricane party ....wind got a bit strong a few times...some branches fell.....thats IT! boy was I mad!
lol.png

Well, here's an idea. How about you stroll up the road a little ways and talk to your neighbors in Punta Gorda about how they feel about hurricane parties?

charley_wideweb__430x290.jpg

I'm sure there are probably still a few folks around who were living there back in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom