Well, at age 45, I've been bitten by the Backyard Chicken Bug

As in, you will soon have many more chickens than planned. Lol! I'm only supposed to have 4 laying hens, but I have 1 bantam rooster, 6 laying hens, 1 guinea hen, 3 chicks in the grow out pen, and a broody on 6 eggs. 😂
Oh, that is part of the reason I am here. We planned on six, which became 12 and as I learn more about the different breeds....I am wondering about getting some breeds that are on the https://www.livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/conservation-priority-list#Chickens list. Like I said, I have been bit. :)

:frow Hello and welcome! :welcome
I am glad you've joined this great community :) do you have any pictures of your chicks that you wouldn't mind sharing?
How is your daughter liking the chickens now?
She is super attached to the first six. I forgot my phone at home today; so I will post pics to this thread later. She LOVES animals. And they all seem to love her back, true with the rainbow chickens as well! Thank you for asking about her!

Chicken math, can lead to:
-BYC-sign-flash.gif
-BYC-sign-flash.gif
-BYC-sign-flash.gif
:thumbsup

She is super attached to the first six. I forgot my phone at home today; so I will post pics to this thread later. She LOVES animals. And they all seem to love her back, true with the rainbow chickens as well! Thank you for asking about her!
Sounds like she's got the heart for animals :) I personally think animals know. That's really cool. Can't wait to see! Woot woot

Back
Top Bottom