Well bators warming up.....

LOL yah I knew it wasn't going to be hard to figure out. Lets here some guesses! And nooo not honey bee eggs....anyway didn't you know honey bees give birth to live young....jk
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
well that being said i know it's a large breed then LOL

hmmmmmmmmmmm

is it buff orpingtons?

i am trying to think back of when you said you would like to have that breed of chicken... i know it was like a dark color breed i think

(( still thinking here ! ))

And nooo not honey bee eggs....anyway didn't you know honey bees give birth to live young

Sam honey bee's lay eggs or should i say the queen does.. I had 10 hives at one time...however the mites got the best of me.
We had them for almost 7 years.. used to pollinate a farmers orchard for him..

Ive bought package bee's as well and bought them in 5lb and up packages some with like 50,000 to 60,000 bee's in a single package..

Charlie​

Last edited:
Quote:
Sam honey bee's lay eggs or should i say the queen does.. I had 10 hives at one time...however the mites got the best of me.
We had them for almost 7 years.. used to pollinate a farmers orchard for him..

Ive bought package bee's as well and bought them in 5lb and up packages some with like 50,000 to 60,000 bee's in a single package..

Charlie

he he! he was kiddin Charlie
wink.png
lau.gif

and HOLY Crap that's a lot o bees!
th.gif

O OK just wanted to make sure the right info was put out there..LOL...

Did you know the male honey bee's(drones) don't have a stinger and that they are all kicked out of the hive before winter and die..

also that a female worker bee can only sting once and then she die's.....

Just a Lil tid bit...

Charlie

Quote:
I personally did not know either of those...well I knew the drone didnt have stingers (only the females workers do), but I didnt know they were kicked out, and I didnt know the queen could sting!

*gathering this info mentally because I am considering doing some bee raising
smile.png
* I have been since last summer, once I heard the lack of them and I've always thought they were cuties. I just haven't jumped the gun yet. Have the perfect place to put them too.
smile.png

Yes they where fun, but when the mites couldn't be controlled it got bad,, the strips and other remedies just couldn't stop the mites and we had losses every year and just got tiered of replacing some of the colonies every year and so we decided to give up on them, so now i make maple syrup and its alot less head aches then dealing with mites..

however there is a new problem that i heard of, its called Colony Collapse Disorder!!
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/business/27bees.html?ex=1330232400&en=3aaa0148837b8977&ei=5088

Here's more info on deceases with the honey bee's.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/np/honeybeediseases/honeybeediseases.pdf

Sorry Sam for posting about bee's on here, didn't mean to hijack the post....
May want to make a new area in hobbies for beekeeping..

Charlie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom