Well Here it Is, 3 Hour "Quick Coop" PIC HEAVY!

DENALI

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Well i finally got around to taking some pictures...
This is built entirely out of 10x6 Chain link Kennel Sections with tin wired over them for the coop area and netting over the run. Took my wife and I about 3 hours start to finish. It has a 8x16x2 inch thick cinder block floor in the coop with the shavings over it. I used leftover 12 inch Masonite siding around the inside perimeter of the coop to keep the shavings contained.
Please let me know if any suggestions or things that i need to change.
Thanks for all the help so far!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep! Couldnt find any food grade used ones so i just bought New Home Depot Buckets as we were in a HURRY!!
So far in 2 days we have had 20 eggs out of the 13 girls. 3 year old dropped one so the dog got to eat an egg before we did
sad.png

Last edited:
Well, no one else will tell ya', so I will. That is one fine job you did there. Really neat and functional. It is probably one of the best that I have seen posted on here. Congrats for a job well done.

That's fantastic!!!
clap.gif

I love how you have the gates set up. I have to throw out a treat towards the end of our main run to distract the gang or else they're right there at the door as I'm trying to get in.

Dawn

I like it!
big_smile.png
Thinking this is something I could do. I'm in the process of researching everything before I get into keeping chickens....the more I know before I get started the better right?

What was your basic budget & what are the dimensions, if you don't mind my asking?

I've got a coop already built here, but since it's less than 50 feet from the river, I'm not sure I want to use it--and it's tiny!

Back
Top Bottom