Well, here we go again.

LittleRedRanch

Chirping
Oct 8, 2018
Northwest Florida
20181210_110005.jpg 20181210_110003.jpg Suppose to be 4 Dominique pullets.

They are definately NOT Doms and I'm guessing these two might not be pullets. 4 Black Australorp(?), I'm guessing these two are roos. The other two have lighter smaller barely there comb.

View attachment 1612559 View attachment 1612561 Suppose to be 4 Dominique pullets.

They are definately NOT Doms and I'm guessing these two might not be pullets. 4 Black Australorp(?), I'm guessing these two are roos. The other two have lighter smaller barely there comb.
They look mightily like cockerels to me, but it depends on age. If those two are anything less than 16 weeks of age, I would say they are likely cockerels.

If it were me, I'd be having words with whoever sold them to you.

They look mightily like cockerels to me, but it depends on age. If those two are anything less than 16 weeks of age, I would say they are likely cockerels.

If it were me, I'd be having words with whoever sold them to you.

I bought chickens from Tractor Supply. First and LAST time.
My 4 RIR pullets, 3 were roo
My 6 BO pullets, 4 were roo
My 7 Doms, well 4 aren't even Doms!
3 Dom pullets 1 roo
And these last 4 Australorp, I'm guessing these two are roos.

The manager argued with me that my roos were hens and that these 4 she was sorry they weren't Doms, she said they are matter of factly Barred Rocks so you know what I'm working with.

I bought chickens from Tractor Supply. First and LAST time.
My 4 RIR pullets, 3 were roo
My 6 BO pullets, 4 were roo
My 7 Doms, well 4 aren't even Doms!
3 Dom pullets 1 roo
And these last 4 Australorp, I'm guessing these two are roos.

The manager argued with me that my roos were hens and that these 4 she was sorry they weren't Doms, she said they are matter of factly Barred Rocks so you know what I'm working with.

Might need to steer clear of TSC. I would be requesting refunds myself. So do you have a roo bachelor pad? Culling them? Selling or rehoming? Meyer Hatchery has a much better program and you will be much happier or Hatchery near you. They will mark males for a small fee $6 and breeds for free. No accidents.

Did you buy them as chicks or pullets? Even as chicks, black australorps and Doms look nothing alike.
I bought them as pullets because I didnt want roosters. I was told *later* this TSC doesn't staff folks that know which end of the chicken you feed or how these chicks get the milk from their mama. Yes. Milk. Sad. All the chicks looked alike in the pullet pen. Black spotted little fluff balls.

Back
Top Bottom