"Well, I don't know what 'awkward' really means..."

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Mar 3, 2012.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Every so often I'll use the term "awkward". Apparently it has caught on, because we were all watching a movie when somebody mentioned what would happen if the two male leads accidentally kissed each other instead of the girls.
    Bunji said, "Well, that would be awkward. I don't know what awkward means, but I'm pretty sure that would be awkward."
    Yes, Bunji.... That would be awkward. [​IMG]

I suppose it wouldn't be a good idea to teach them the "your face is awkward" line?

2. Northwind

Northwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    Yorkshire
    I've never heard of the "your face is awkward" line! But I have heard just "your face" used quite a lot as a 'smart' comeback to an insult.

The word awkward can be quite awkward in itself. I find that if I say it too loudly, people all turn to stare, like "awkward" is some sort of curse word. :lol:

3. eenie114

I've found that if I use it around the wrong people, they start wondering what kind of a sick/dirty mind I have. Of course, that may be a question best left unanswered.

4. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Your face is a question better left unanswered!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Its a Federoff family random tradition, to respond to everything anyone else says with a "your face" line. Anyway, congratulations on teaching the sibs a new word, even if you they have no idea of it's meaning. [​IMG]

5. Northwind

Northwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Your face was the thing to say a few years ago. If you were cool, you threw at least one into your conversation with someone else, but I could never bring myself to do it. It just seemed....

Well, awkward. :gig

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

With my grown(ish) daughters and me, there is an official progression to a lighthearted argument, ending in insults. It goes like this:

Oh, yeah? Well, your face!

Your mom!

Your mom's face!

At some point, Betty White got pulled into it, so the final blow is, of course, "Betty White's face!"

7. eenie114

[​IMG] Oh my gosh! Can't breathe! Your family is awesome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by