Well I guess it is worse than I thought. Cocci guidance needed ASAP

Use a teaspoon and dip their beaks, or open the beaks and put the meds in with an oral syringe a small amount at a time to the front of the beak and let them swallow in between, until it's all given. Just don't squirt it forcefully. If they are eating you can try mixing the Corid water in some of their crumbles to make a mash. It's just important to get it in them so it can start to work. Corid is very safe, so a little too much is better than not enough. There are 8 or 9 strains of coccidia that affect chickens, some are more virulent than others, not all of them present with blood in the droppings. It's best to treat all of them that where kept together, you won't hurt them. I would give an oral dose to any that you know are having bloody droppings, or are acting off at all.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
I don't isolate for this unless a bird is so sick and weak that it might be hurt by the others.
If you have a digital kitchen scale, that works well to get a weight. If you have to guess, then do that, it's very, very unlikely to hurt them. It's not an antibiotic, it's a thiamine inhibitor/mimic which will starve the coccidia so they will die.

Use a teaspoon and dip their beaks, or open the beaks and put the meds in with an oral syringe a small amount at a time to the front of the beak and let them swallow in between, until it's all given. Just don't squirt it forcefully. If they are eating you can try mixing the Corid water in some of their crumbles to make a mash. It's just important to get it in them so it can start to work. Corid is very safe, so a little too much is better than not enough. There are 8 or 9 strains of coccidia that affect chickens, some are more virulent than others, not all of them present with blood in the droppings. It's best to treat all of them that where kept together, you won't hurt them. I would give an oral dose to any that you know are having bloody droppings, or are acting off at all.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
I don't isolate for this unless a bird is so sick and weak that it might be hurt by the others.
If you have a digital kitchen scale, that works well to get a weight. If you have to guess, then do that, it's very, very unlikely to hurt them. It's not an antibiotic, it's a thiamine inhibitor/mimic which will starve the coccidia so they will die.
Thank you 🙏 truly

Back
Top Bottom