Well I guess it is worse than I thought. Cocci guidance needed ASAP

Okay they’re all drinking the medicated water which I think I have dosed fairly accurately. I also gave them a mash of their crumbles a bit of water and 1/2 teaspoon or less of powder. They ate the half of the mash we offered. I’m hoping to get ahead of this without over medicating them and killing them that way :(. I know someone above said not possible so I am glad To hear that.

Correct dose for the water is 1.5 tsp of the powder to one gallon of water. Do that for 5 - 7 days. If they are slow to recover, or you are still seeing any symptoms after that period then you can do another 5-7 days with 1/3 tsp per gallon of water.
**EDITED** to correct my typo, 1.5 tsp of powder is correct.
900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

Last edited:
Correct dose for the water is 1/5 tsp of the powder to one gallon of water. Do that for 5 - 7 days. If they are slow to recover, or you are still seeing any symptoms after that period then you can do another 5-7 days with 1/3 tsp per gallon of water.
View attachment 2235286
One and a half teaspoons.
Not 1/5 of one.

My chicks had this and I put them on a medicated feed, and put probiotics and electrolytes in their water. The vet gave me Corid that I gave them with a syringe in the evening for 5 days. All is good and they fully recovered!

One and a half teaspoons.
Not 1/5 of one.
This is correct! I was in a hurry and hit the wrong key! It was correct in the attached chart and I have edited my post to reflect the correct amount. Sorry for any confusion caused and thanks to all who saw the mistake! Telling self "do not hurry!!!"

Back
Top Bottom