Well I just got 200 more ( pics added)

Quote:
I thought it was your BBQ shed?

it WAS my BBQ shack
sad.png

now its a big brooder lol

Is that their brooder, or there permanent house??? For a brooder they would probably prefer something smaller. They keep warm by huddling together in a corner, no matter how many there are, so usually you just spend tons of time and money on getting a huge house, when they'd probably prefer a cardboard box!!! When you have 200 chickens though, they will need ALOT of space. There will be so many eggs!!!! You will need a dumptruck to carry them all inside!!!!!! I only have 20 chickens, and we get about 16 a day, so you will wind up with about 196 eggs a day!!!! Imagine how much money you could make if you sold them!

its more like my nursery,,, and i have 100 chicks in there now,, and 200 on the way,, and there is no piling up at all,, i have them in a 4x8 brooder inside the nursery,,
i should go take a pic this cold morning,, their spread out like wall paper lol

101608_175401.jpg

this is after they've been in there for like a half hour

EDIT: ta say,, yesterday i had to turn 1 of their lights off,, got over 100 in the building.

Last edited:
In answer to your questions, i don't think you have to be inspected here to sell eggs. You probably do to have them be sold at a supermarket, but we run a local egg business where we just sell eggs to friends and neighbors for $4.00 a dozen. I make about $30.00 a week, and everybody's fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom