Well I think I've finally figured out my spring order of chicks.

Yes you can buy the vaccine and administer it yourself. I was told that some feed stores will carry it, but you can also order it online. My birds have never shown signs of Mareks and I've raised many chicks with them. I did read that it's pretty common, but I truely don't think my flock has it yet so I'm worried that if they are exposed to a bird who does have it at a show, they will get sick and spread it to the rest of my flock. Thanks for the answer, I'll probably vaccinate the whole flcok sometime in June to be on the safe side.

I don't need any more chickens. Nope. But for "some" reason, I keep sidling over the hatchery sites and considering which breeds i'd like to add to my very mixed flock.... Or maybe a pullet surprise? Or some sexed bantams fro MPC?

Aaauugghh! Hold me back!

Did you see the BYC homepage? ideal poulty is haveing an 85 cent bantam sale! So I ended up buying 55 cochin bantams that will arrive this Friday. They are also having a duck sale in which their duckling assortment is $1.95 a piece. I'll give you a link if you want, hahaha. The bantam assortment includes some really nice looking breeds.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom