Well I went and did it ...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texasbartrambaby, Jan 3, 2009.

1. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    And its all your fault!!!! [​IMG] Just bought the Genesis 1588 Incubator -- hopefully its a good one ....

Just thinking of all those wonderful eggs to hatch ... <evil laugh> I suppose I am officially hooked. I have one of those Little Giant jobies on my counter right now but oh well .... [​IMG] Need more room for more eggs!!!! I am hoping to build a great flock that will serve us well for years to come!!!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Congrats. [​IMG] and Happy Hatching.

3. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    well wecome to the world of incanbators, it is so much fun! good luck william

4. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG]

Good Luck to You!! I would love to join you -- but due to city rules, I am VERY limited!! So I need to live through YOU!!! -- SSOOO -- you need to put up MANY messages and LOTS of pictures!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cindy

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Good luck to you! I just got my hovabator 1583 yesterday, and I love it!! Once I got the temp set, it has not moved at all!! Much better than the LG that is sitting right beside it! I might have to get another hovabator, and post my LG in the BST section! Or maybe get another hova, and keep the LG for a hatcher. The other 2 LG's I have are borrowed! [​IMG]

6. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yay on the new bator! [​IMG] (You too Shelley!) Definitely keep those LG's to use as hatchers though. I think the LG has a bad rep, but if mine was in a draft free room, it stuck like glue (and I put it in the bathroom which helped with humidity) I can't wait to hear about all of your hatching escapades!

7. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    [​IMG] Yea for you have fun hatching just hope you have good nerves cause its a long 21 days.lol

9. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS on the new bator [​IMG]

Now you will have tons of little chickies everywhere [​IMG]

Hope you have many great hatches [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. bullrider

bullrider Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Utah
    [​IMG] you will have to let me now how it works looking to buy another, I have a lg i had 11 out of 16 on my first hatch did't have any problem keeping my temp or my humitidy but it was in in my down stairs bathroom no drafts. Best of luck on your hatches [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by