Well if you get tired of chicken farming how about Kangaroos?

Is that legal!? Don't you have to have a permit for those? I guess it depends on the state. They are cute though!

Holy poop...I have always wanted a kangaroo....Seriously I have...That and an osterich, kowala (sp??), yaks, and a few--ok LOTS of other exotic(or what I would call exotic) animals. But hubby won't let me...
hit.gif

I was bidding on a group of Emu's one time and I thought he was gonna fly through the roof when he seen my hand raising when the bidding started...Nope I wasn't the highest bidder. That day I figured I better stop as he was the one driving and I still needed a ride home with the other things I had gotten that day...

Some day I will have my 'normal' and 'exotic' farm going.....

For the most part they are not as sweet as they look. They are wild animals and even tame ones can really hurt you. The claws on their feet can disembowel a person!

My Mum has a backyard full of wild ones in Australia and does rehab.

How neat. I love exotic animals, but I keep my distance (I want a long and happy life
lol.png
). I took pics of a mama and a joey in her pouch at the zoo (Cleveland) in May. You could tell that she would just kick the snot out of you if you got too close to her.

Can you post pics of the ones in your moms backyard? How neat!
big_smile.png

Don't get me wrong I know kangaroos can be dangerous. I know I will never really get them, but I can dream.
I have heard horror stories of people actually being riped apart in the stomach from a kick to the gut from a kangaroo. Not really something I want around my kids let alone myself. I still think they are neat animals though....In my dreams I will have my 'normal animal farm and exotic animal farm' I guess...

Oh I would love to pet one. They look so soft. My luck, the thing would kick me (and me being all of 5 foot tall) would go flying through the air! LOL Then I would have to explain to the doctors (if I was able) what happened. Could you just imagine telling the attending Doc you got the tar beat out of you by a kangaroo?
lol.png

ETA:
I want a zebra!
big_smile.png
I know I know. Like thats gonna happen.
tongue.png

Last edited:
I'll email Mum and ask her to send some photos. She said they have been coming right up to the back door and even messing with the washing on her line.

Not too long ago when we were on the phone chatting she said there were about 40 in the back yard.

Back
Top Bottom