Well, I'm on the way....

greentree

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
to 50 broilers!! I ordered from Ideal last week. They came today!! I was a little shocked, and not prepared,since I thought I had a couple more days....

The chicks are SO healthy!! Well, except one smaller one, who peeps loudly and falls over backwards as the crowd speeds by him on the way to the feed trough!!

OK, now all you chicken ranchers in SE Texas need to help me find a place to get these buggars processed!! Please!! 8 weeks goes by really fast.

Nancy

Quote:
Awww! That one sounds cute. Congrats on your new chickies! I hope that when the time comes, they taste good.
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks!! He is still alive this morning, so maybe he'll make it . Seems there is a "special" one in every group!

The lady at the feed store called, and said there had been 2 DOA, so she wants me to count them, since they charged me for 50. They are SO hard to count!

Nancy

Hello,

Look in the yellow pages and ask your friends that hunt. Some may take there game to get processed instead of doing it themselves. Our processor here in town, they process anything that walks, charges $3/bird and also does turkeys ( I forget the price on those).

Anyway? it should be to hard to find.

Josh

Not even the county extension agent knew who did processing. I have followed several suggestions to deadends, but a guy who works for the county is going to ask around for me. Apparently, if you grow chickens around here, you kill them yourself!!

Nancy

nancy, if all else fails i know of several around here in the houston area. there's one up in the spring area closer to you also. you may want to talk to dan if you are going to the la grange show on the 1st. the other place is the farm in hempstead. they do grass fed poultry. they process their own chickens and i'm sure they'll process yours for you for a fee. here's their website. http://www.unlessthelordmagazine.com/OaksofMamreFarm/

hope
that helps. we've found processing birds to be about $2.50 a bird around here in the houston area.

michele

Michele,
Thanks for the website, I will call them! If they don't want to do them, I will be calling you!! I will talk to Dan, too.

Wildskeye,
The story of my life...really !! My carriage barn is full, but I only have a couple of horses that drive, and can't drive more than one carriage at a time... I did have a carriage before I had a horse that I could drive!!!

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom