WELL.... That hatch is over...

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
I set 9 eggs in the hatcher on Saturday, and all were due to hatch yesterday. I've just opened the eggs that hadnt hatched and I lost the majority.

I've got two blues that hatched, but I lost 1 buff, 3 blues, 2 blacks, and a Splash.

So two out of everything hatched. The ones I lost weren't alive at all and i candled before I opened them. Most looked like they had absorbed the yolk, a few of them hadn't yet, and one looked like it died around day 15 or so.

I can only attribute it to my hastiness in putting them in the hatcher. The temp had spiked to 103 once or twice that I KNOW of, and thats before I got the thermostat leveled out properly. I had it tightened too much and the wingnut was holding it down and not letting it function properly.

So on to the next batch, I guess. Lavenders and black/blues this weekend....

Sorry it didn't work out as hoped. My last hatch was too good either, but I am setting eggs again on Sat or Sun. Better luck on the next one for BOTH of us!

Last edited:
hugs.gif
At least you got two and they can keep each other company!
Sorry for the loss. I'm waiting too, although everything seems to be going well, I'm still living in fear for the egglings.

Good luck on your next hatch.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom