Well this is a problem I hadn’t anticipated 😂

I was worried so I walked over and when she hear me open the top of the cage she wriggled out and looked at me like "what?!" So I sat there and watched and she jumped back up and dove right back in 😂 I never knew chickens would be so amusing when I started this journey!

That is so cute!!! :lau:love

I always have a chick getting into or stuck somewhere. Regardless of size 😂
This was one of my wyandottes as a chick. Sje loved getting into the feeder.View attachment 2074749

And this is one my silkie hen was raising that I thought was stuck in the big hens feeder (turns out she was just eating like this and then wriggled out when she was done even though the chicks have a lower feeder. It really is interesting to watch the predicaments they get themselves into sometimesView attachment 2074753
Precious I needed that laugh thank you

I think the black ones (and red one) are cochin bantams (but could also be frizzles? I ordered 4 of each) but the two in the feeder are some of our easter egger bantams.. I think we do have two d'Uccles - one is super tiny, smaller than the EE's shown but it's not pictured and I don't think it's going to make it (we also had two DOA in the shipment, one I think was a porcelain d'Uccle and the other a red cochin or frizzle), but I've done what I can to get it eating and drinking so fingers crossed it pulls through.

For now they're in a concrete mixing tub inside critter nation cage (1/2 bar spacing, very escape proof)) - this was mostly just temporary to keep them closer to food/water/heat and it keeps them closer to eye level which makes it easier to see them all. Once I'm sure they've all figured out how to stay alive they'll be moved into a larger brooder cage with 1/2 HC.
I am obsessed with Belgian bantams (D'Uccles mainly), those are defaintly two right there! They are so tiny and cute. :love

I always have a chick getting into or stuck somewhere. Regardless of size 😂
This was one of my wyandottes as a chick. Sje loved getting into the feeder.View attachment 2074749

And this is one my silkie hen was raising that I thought was stuck in the big hens feeder (turns out she was just eating like this and then wriggled out when she was done even though the chicks have a lower feeder. It really is interesting to watch the predicaments they get themselves into sometimesView attachment 2074753
I am literally crying in fits of laughter right now!:gig:lau:lol::love:jumpy

I am obsessed with Belgian bantams (D'Uccles mainly), those are defaintly two right there! They are so tiny and cute. :love

We might have to agree to disagree - I know what I ordered and I only have one unidentified "assorted" chick with feathered feet (and it's a self blue of some variety - it may be a d'Uccle). The cochin (and frizzle) chicks all look like round fluffy balls... and one of those two black chicks is definitely a frizzle, the other likely a cochin (hard to tell since their feathers are just peeking out now), and the "red" one is a partridge cochin :)

We might have to agree to disagree - I know what I ordered and I only have one unidentified "assorted" chick with feathered feet (and it's a self blue of some variety - it may be a d'Uccle). The cochin (and frizzle) chicks all look like round fluffy balls... and one of those two black chicks is definitely a frizzle, the other likely a cochin (hard to tell since their feathers are just peeking out now), and the "red" one is a partridge cochin :)
Ok! But one thing we can all agree on: They are sooooo cute!!!!!😍😍😍😍

Ok! But one thing we can all agree on: They are sooooo cute!!!!!😍😍😍😍

YES, they definitely are! Once it has more feathers I may need some help ID'ing the self blue chick with feathered feet - I don't think it's another cochin since it stands more upright than the cochin chicks do (who all seem somewhat "squatty" at this age) and I think d'Uccle is the only other logical choice. It has an almost twin in the form of another self blue chick with clean legs who I think is either a d'Anvers or OEGB.

YES, they definitely are! Once it has more feathers I may need some help ID'ing the self blue chick with feathered feet - I don't think it's another cochin since it stands more upright than the cochin chicks do (who all seem somewhat "squatty" at this age) and I think d'Uccle is the only other logical choice. It has an almost twin in the form of another self blue chick with clean legs who I think is either a d'Anvers or OEGB.
big smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom