Well, we did it...

I really like it the only thing I would change would be to make a plastic mesh top just under the actual lid. That would give the opportunity to have a small access hatch, so the Buzzards dont escape when you open the big water proof lid.

deb
The coop is about 6.5 feet long and about 3 feet wide.

I got it from someone else. Added a few more screws, fixed the latch, redid chicken wire on one end, added welded wire on the bottom and added some ventilation. Seems to be working nicely.
smile.png

Funny you should mention that. One of them hopped out while I was covering the ladder hole and got behind the coop tonight.

I have some deer netting. May have to rig up something.

Easy peasy.... I made one on a homemade coop Secure the edgse then just cut a hole for the door then cut another piece larger than the hole by a few inches and zip tie or wire it along one edge. believe it or not by the time they have their wing feathers they can fly high enough to get on the roof. Ask me how I know.....
gig.gif
lau.gif
. Thankfully they are flock minded and eventually come to the cage screeching at everyone in the cage.

deb
Funny you should mention that. One of them hopped out while I was covering the ladder hole and got behind the coop tonight.

I have some deer netting. May have to rig up something.

Back
Top Bottom