Welp ive gone and done it now

Bjjjones89

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
So i bought my first house and i have about an acre but im close the beach and about 2/3rds is basically marsh land. No big deal i still have a pretty decent backyard in a fairly rural area. So I decided I wanted ducks. I ordered 7 and lost one so i have 6 "adult" ducks now
20230613_092621.jpg
it was suppose to be 2 jumbo pekins only the one really got jumbo which is okay with me. 3 white layers and a buff orpington. Well since i have too many males i ordered some more but this time mu husband says ive never eaten goose so cue the geese into the cart. So now i have 3 male french toulouse and 2 cayguas and a golden 300.
20230621_110651.jpg
well we also discussed doing meat chickens so those were also ordered we ordered 26 and got 27
20230621_123016.jpg
well now i feel pretty full up but ya know how these things work... a friend got 4 chickens a couple months ago and well they realized for them it was a bad idea they have no great place to put them bcause it does tend to get standing water around their house and they are renting so they cant really do anything to makea good place for them. So now i have 4 more chickens and I have no idea what breed they even are they were a tsc breed but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
20230624_091142.jpg
i mean if any of yall got a guess... but this is my adventure into birds... i done did myself in ina hurry!

So i bought my first house and i have about an acre but im close the beach and about 2/3rds is basically marsh land. No big deal i still have a pretty decent backyard in a fairly rural area. So I decided I wanted ducks. I ordered 7 and lost one so i have 6 "adult" ducks nowView attachment 3554123it was suppose to be 2 jumbo pekins only the one really got jumbo which is okay with me. 3 white layers and a buff orpington. Well since i have too many males i ordered some more but this time mu husband says ive never eaten goose so cue the geese into the cart. So now i have 3 male french toulouse and 2 cayguas and a golden 300. View attachment 3554128well we also discussed doing meat chickens so those were also ordered we ordered 26 and got 27 View attachment 3554131well now i feel pretty full up but ya know how these things work... a friend got 4 chickens a couple months ago and well they realized for them it was a bad idea they have no great place to put them bcause it does tend to get standing water around their house and they are renting so they cant really do anything to makea good place for them. So now i have 4 more chickens and I have no idea what breed they even are they were a tsc breed but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️View attachment 3554135i mean if any of yall got a guess... but this is my adventure into birds... i done did myself in ina hurry!
Wow, you really dove in head first?! :lol: Enjoy yourself!

So i bought my first house and i have about an acre but im close the beach and about 2/3rds is basically marsh land. No big deal i still have a pretty decent backyard in a fairly rural area. So I decided I wanted ducks. I ordered 7 and lost one so i have 6 "adult" ducks nowView attachment 3554123it was suppose to be 2 jumbo pekins only the one really got jumbo which is okay with me. 3 white layers and a buff orpington. Well since i have too many males i ordered some more but this time mu husband says ive never eaten goose so cue the geese into the cart. So now i have 3 male french toulouse and 2 cayguas and a golden 300. View attachment 3554128well we also discussed doing meat chickens so those were also ordered we ordered 26 and got 27 View attachment 3554131well now i feel pretty full up but ya know how these things work... a friend got 4 chickens a couple months ago and well they realized for them it was a bad idea they have no great place to put them bcause it does tend to get standing water around their house and they are renting so they cant really do anything to makea good place for them. So now i have 4 more chickens and I have no idea what breed they even are they were a tsc breed but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️View attachment 3554135i mean if any of yall got a guess... but this is my adventure into birds... i done did myself in ina hurry!
The dark ones look like golden laced wyandottes and the white ones…maybe leghorns🤷🏼‍♀️

Funny how that multiplication can take over...have fun!

Thats what i was thinking. Also i think the white ones are boys but i think they are like 10ish weeks she said she got them beginning of may. But thought they maybe a bit older but i think the one giving the stinkeye is for sure a dude. The other one its probable but the brown ones from what i can tell seem female

Heres some pics i fan get more tomorrow maybe

Attachments

• 20230624_091127.jpg
    20230624_091127.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230624_091138.jpg
    20230624_091138.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230624_091139.jpg
    20230624_091139.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 3

Back