Welsh female looks like bad knee??

Something like this is def going to take quite a while to heal. How long I have no idea but keeping her where she can rest and not walk too much. Have you had her in warm water for therapy? Not sure how good this would be for her since it sounds like her knee is still popping out.
So a vet isn't an option?

Something like this is def going to take quite a while to heal. How long I have no idea but keeping her where she can rest and not walk too much. Have you had her in warm water for therapy? Not sure how good this would be for her since it sounds like her knee is still popping out.
So a vet isn't an option?
Unfortunately no,a vet is not an option. We are strapped for cash for some personal reasons. If I have to go I will butnis like to try not to if possible. She isn't keen on being in the house she tries to fly .The warm.water therapy with Epsom ,is a great idea but didnt work well.. the splint works but she is telling everyone about it when I'm fixing it or have to get her.....lol

I agree.. I'm watching her.. yesterday she swam with her sister... so progress but alow ans i like it that way.. but the boys....
oh boy this time of year is rough watching...thats why I have separated them.... I got a photo today.... the white below his eye is normal in his feathers but above his eye.... thats new today 140178.jpeg from my spouse. I'm assuming it's from pecking order dominance. Fighting?. or is this something else? @Miss Lydia

You have the drakes together and the girls separated from them? that looks like someone is mounting the drake and grabbing the skin around the eye. Drakes will mate with other drakes if one is less dominant than the others. You might want to give him his own space before they injure his eyeball. Put some Neosporin or triple antibiotic over the area.

You should definitely rinse it and apply neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment (without pain reliever) or vetericyn wound spray, just don't get it in his eye. I would keep him from the more aggressive drake while this heals, or only have them together when you can keep an eye on it.

You should definitely rinse it and apply neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment (without pain reliever) or vetericyn wound spray, just don't get it in his eye. I would keep him from the more aggressive drake while this heals, or only have them together when you can keep an eye on it.
Rinsed neoaporin. In his own room. Our female is doing better with the splint and tape. I wrapped it fairly well this time. I don't want to take it off... she doesn't like it but her knee is more stable amd she's been walking on it..! So she's trying. She even swam the other day!!.

Back
Top Bottom