Welsh Harlequin

We lost our WH drakes to neighbors dogs. Took care of the dog problem but now our five WH ducks have no drake. Is there anyone in or near South Georgia with a WH drake they would like to rehome?

Are Silvers more popular than Golds? I have gold female and a silver male. I don't know too many people who own golds.

From what I've read, gold is the standard color. You can not show silver over seas.

I have read many complaints about judges here placing silver over golds.

Me personally, I like the silver.

There are less Gold ones here than silver. Overseas, there are more gold. There they only include the gold in their standards. Here either color is ok. You can breed them together.

From what I've read, gold is the standard color. You can not show silver over seas.

I have read many complaints about judges here placing silver over golds.

Me personally, I like the silver.
From what I read in the Holderread catalog, Silver is the recognized color here. I personally like the silvers as well and our son is gonna show them in the fair here in McLean County.

I just got my order of ducklings in today. I've read this thread and I know that most everyone says that their WH are very friendly and of course this varies by duck but it seems that all 4 of mine are picking on my other breeds of ducklings more than any other duckling is. I know that ducklings like to play with each other but either they are way more playful than the other ducklings or they are just being mean. Has anyone else had this problem before? Should I seperate them? Or wait and see if there attitude changes?

I just got my order of ducklings in today. I've read this thread and I know that most everyone says that their WH are very friendly and of course this varies by duck but it seems that all 4 of mine are picking on my other breeds of ducklings more than any other duckling is. I know that ducklings like to play with each other but either they are way more playful than the other ducklings or they are just being mean. Has anyone else had this problem before? Should I seperate them? Or wait and see if there attitude changes?
They're probably just establishing pecking order. But if it gets worse you should consider separating them

Back
Top Bottom