Welsummer, brown leghorn or welbar?

TexasMommax3

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2020
Nah they’re welbars. I bought ameracaunas from TSC and they gave me two americaunas and two leghorns, and they have large white earlobes, small eyes and are somewhat more scrawny, thin and fast
TSC always messing up the breeds 🙄. Hey but on the bright side leghorns are really good producers of white eggs! I was anxiously waiting on my Sicilian buttercup to lay some white eggs but she was taken by a predator 😔

ShaliniW1985

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2020
TSC always messing up the breeds 🙄. Hey but on the bright side leghorns are really good producers of white eggs! I was anxiously waiting on my Sicilian buttercup to lay some white eggs but she was taken by a predator 😔
Aw that’s awful. But TSC is my main provider of birds, but they always mess up and most of my birds have leg problems or limps. I just finished hatching my first egg and the duckling that came out was surprisingly perfect with its mother being an aylesbury and its father being a jumbo pekin with a messed up leg. I hope you girl starts laying soon! My leghorns are slowing down on laying because it’s getting cold here real fast.

TexasMommax3

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2020
Aw that’s awful. But TSC is my main provider of birds, but they always mess up and most of my birds have leg problems or limps. I just finished hatching my first egg and the duckling that came out was surprisingly perfect with its mother being an aylesbury and its father being a jumbo pekin with a messed up leg. I hope you girl starts laying soon! My leghorns are slowing down on laying because it’s getting cold here real fast.
Not very acquainted with ducks but it must be very different when you personally hatch them compared to big hatcheries. It's still very warm here in central/south Texas, I've been getting decent amount of eggs from the other girls I have. Thank you and good luck with yours too!

Top Bottom