Welsummer chicks - male or female?

SuttonHomestead

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2020
Hi! I'm new here. We recently just added two Welsummer chicks to our backyard flock. I've read that Welsummers can often be sexed by their markings. They are now about a week old. One I'm about 95% sure is a pullet, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the second one.

Chick#1:
Chick #1

20200725_171310.jpg

20200725_171314.jpg

Chick #2:
20200725_171340.jpg

20200725_171351.jpg

20200725_171400.jpg

Any thoughts?

Oh wow, they're very cute. I'm new here and can't help really. Sorry. But we had a Welsummer, got her as a pullet and she was a great hen and laid beautiful dark brown eggs! Good luck, hope they are both pullets!

Oh wow, they're very cute. I'm new here and can't help really. Sorry. But we had a Welsummer, got her as a pullet and she was a great hen and laid beautiful dark brown eggs! Good luck, hope they are both pullets!
Thank you! Me too, I'm really hoping I'll be able to keep both! I've read great things about Welsummers.

I loved my Welsummer <3 Chunky Monkey was a large lady, I believe she was a fit 9-10lbs when she passed (someone decided that despite their bird was sick to bring it to fair and it was right next to my Monkey :'c) Monkey wasn't super loud but she was friendly, I loved taking her to fair and having people pet her (especially next to my bantam leghorn, same color but MAJOR size difference really turned heads!) She laid awesome giant brown speckled eggs and despite Monkey was from a feedstore she got grand champion of her class multiple times! :D they're an awesome bird and I would own then again <3 I'm sure yours will be amazing pets! :D

I loved my Welsummer <3 Chunky Monkey was a large lady, I believe she was a fit 9-10lbs when she passed (someone decided that despite their bird was sick to bring it to fair and it was right next to my Monkey :'c) Monkey wasn't super loud but she was friendly, I loved taking her to fair and having people pet her (especially next to my bantam leghorn, same color but MAJOR size difference really turned heads!) She laid awesome giant brown speckled eggs and despite Monkey was from a feedstore she got grand champion of her class multiple times! :D they're an awesome bird and I would own then again <3 I'm sure yours will be amazing pets! :D

I love that! She sounds like a special lady! They seem very sweet so far. They will already just hop into my hand. And their wing feathers are already starting to come in - beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom