Welsummer question

One more picture...

20180328_164256.jpg

After looking at the barred closer, I would say her legs are more to the whiteish (is that a word?) side than yellow. Not a bright yellow for sure. Anything else to look for to see if she is a barred rock and truly not a maran?

Thanks!

Now I need to study up on the Fayoumi breed! She will be smaller than all my other girls, so I hope that is ok?
Always good to do your research! Very hardy, healthy birds, predator-savvy, some of the best free-rangers, good layers, although not generally cuddly. :) Quite exotic in appearance, too. ;)
It's perfectly fine. :) Mine have been quite spunky, making up for the size difference in attitude. :D

~Alex

Always good to do your research! Very hardy, healthy birds, predator-savvy, some of the best free-rangers, good layers, although not generally cuddly. :) Quite exotic in appearance, too. ;)
It's perfectly fine. :) Mine have been quite spunky, making up for the size difference in attitude. :D

~Alex

Perfect! I have blue langshan rooster almost a year old, a blue langshan hen, an easter egger, 2 Australorp, a speckled sussex and a mottled java. The Rooster (Clyde) is pretty friendly, a bit bossy to the girls, but mainly just a loudmouth! I love him! I think these girls will be a good addition. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom