Welsummer roo x araucana hen. Outcome??

Kearaaaa23

Chirping
May 18, 2023
Hello everyone, will a welsummer roo x araucana hen create a sex linked or auto sexing chick? I don’t really understand the concept about how to create a sex linked chick. if it is how would I be able to distinguish the males from females? Would the chicks be EE or olive Eggers?

Attachments

• IMG_6564.gif
    IMG_6564.gif
    110.1 KB · Views: 1
Hello everyone, will a welsummer roo x araucana hen create a sex linked or auto sexing chick? I don’t really understand the concept about how to create a sex linked chick. if it is how would I be able to distinguish the males from females? Would the chicks be EE or olive Eggers?
Years ago I hatched eggs from my Welsumer hens and Ameraucana roo. The girls were all olive eggers. I was able to sex the chicks the same as I could Welsumers. The girls had clean lines and looked like they were wearing makeup and the boys' facial lines were broken. Not sure if this happens all the time or I just got lucky.
Also have another Welsumer mix, not sure of the father but she is an olive egger and she is indistinguishable from a purebred Welsummer.

Back
Top Bottom