welsummers not laying

GONZO_352

Hatching
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
ESSEX
Hi to all this is my first time on this site.

Please can anyone help? I have 6 welsummer hens 3 old about 3-4 yrs and three just over 1yr. Also 1 welsummer rooster just over 1 yr and lastly 2 ducks. all living happily together. Egg production has always been very good but has droped right off to one every now and then from them all. I know there in the end of their moult and have been giving them some cod liver oil with the mixed corn. I also feed layers pellets and veg and let them out in the garden to forage every now and then. I have been checking the hen house for sigens of mite that I did have but after using poultry guard and red mite consentrate have not seen any signs since. Once a month they get verm-x too. They all seem very happy laying in the sun and dust bathing together, are very ative and eyes are clear. As you can see I have couered everything I can think of, but I don`t know why they have stopped laying or is it that they have life to good ? The only other thing is that normally when they have layed they make it known very loudly of there achevement which they still do, but no egg. I have thought of the egg eating but no signs of this and also have been straight out to check as soon as they make there clucking/crow as when they lay.

If anyone can help or advise me of what i`m doing wrong.

Hmm...I don't know how well I can answer your question. The only thing I can think of is that your older hens may have stopped laying all together. Sometimes you only get 2 years of laying out of a bird before they stop.

Back
Top Bottom