Went on vacation, we have the perfect chicken sitter!

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
We went to Disney last week and had a blast. I was worried about our little assortment of scaled, feathered and furry friends, we have a lot of animals. So, we found this lady through the local feed store and it worked out wonderful. She is older but does care for others' animalls often as a side job. But never chickens.

She was nervous, came to the house 3 times before we left to get to know them. We told her to keep the eggs while we were gone -- 34 chickens can produce lots of eggs! She had a blast and our Animals were very well taken care of, just thought I would share very possible to teach someone to help out if needed. I think she fell in love with our girls! She was amazed when she collected eggs and found warm ones, talked about "the gift of eggs from the chickens". I loved knowing she enjoyed the girls like I do. We were very fortunate!

That's great! Nothing worse than coming back from a vacation to find animals not taken care of. We just got our girls this year and I've been wondering what we would do if/when we go out of town so that's great to hear
smile.png

I'm going to bet she gets her own by next Spring. Really smart, if you think about it, to teach a retiree to be your backup person and maybe gift them a dozen or so once a month even when you don't need them as a backup. Ya....very very smart. Thanks for cluing me in to this tip.

Back
Top Bottom