went to a horse auction

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lorieMN, Nov 1, 2009.

1. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    and had to buy this guy,,he is a SPB dun gelding,17 months old,grandson of Ris Key Business,,google him,awsume horse,,our bay roan is a son of Ris Key,this new guy is gelded,shots wormed, papered and has had a lot of ground work and I got him for $120..I couldnt pass him up!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Great find! He's a really pretty boy, and the fact he's dun doesn't hurt at all!

3. Wow, he's gorgeous. Just $120 for him? That's the cheapest price I ever seen for a horse (unless free off from Craigslist, doesn't count).
    WWWWOOOWWW

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:My friend got a horse for $25 at a sale. He turned out to be a great horse.

5. Crittercrzy

Crittercrzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Tennessee
    WOW..thats a gorgoeus horse!! Congrats

6. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Wow! Nice shoulder. Nice legs. Really well put-together - you got yourself a NICE horse!

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I knew Ris Key Business personally when he was in Texas .. Very very very nice horse.. great mind .. great disposition .. very athletic ...

Great find! [​IMG]

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    What are your plans for him ??. I like his hind end good muscle for a young colt, May make a decent Barrel horse or a roping prospect.

AL

9. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    LOl you out to heard my niece screaming HORSE when I opened this thread. You stole him. He's beautiful. [​IMG]

10. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Saw the title of the thread and the first thing that popped into my head was, "uh oh!" [​IMG] I didn't take notice to what state you're in... Lucky you! Here in PA the babies go for under $100, but they're always pretty much wild and grade. If they have papers you'd better take a look at them, because chances are, the papers aren't for that horse, not to mention they are NEVER gelded [​IMG]

So what is his job going to be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by