Went to a show and brought home.....

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
a super pair of Golden Sebrights and an amazing trio of Mille Fluer D'Uccles!!!!! I was unable to show because I missed the deadline, but I am glad I did because I would have beedn to busy. I am so happy with my birds. I brought $100 there to spent a little bit of it, but I spent all of it, plus had to use some of my dad's, he had to buy my APA shirt, and my mom had to buy one of my D' Uccles! It is soooo easy to break the bank at shows! I was expecting it to be a very small short show, because it was a 1st annual county show. But it was huge, with like 1-2 thousand birds! Well that is big to me. I have had some D'Uccles and D'Uccle crosses before, but never Sebrights. I went to the sale area, and I saw an old 'poultry man' selling some silver sebrights, so I asked if the golden sebrights were for sale. And when he said $35 a pair, I said I will take a pair in a heartbeat! They are super nice, but the male has one tail feather that has some black in the center, but there is no such thing as a perfect chicken, but I don't see any real faults in the hen. But I am crazy over the D'Uccles! They are so beautiful, and have wonderful dispositions. Tons of spangles everywhere. They laid an egg each the day after we got them. The show was last Saturday. We also talked to a guy about turkeys, and we are going to buy a few hatching eggs from him. He has bronze turkeys. I can't wait till I start hatching the eggs. I am going to keep 6 eggs from the D'Uccles, then I will sell them on here. And about 6 from the Sebrights too. Also, I couldn't believe how HUGE the chickens were there. The brahmas were the size of turkeys! It was crazy. I can't wait till the next show on March 29!

Congrats!
Until you see an standard Brahma up close and personal, you have no idea how big they can be...
The one bird I really want to see in person is Peaches' Dumbledore...He's massive!
Those shows are awesome too...you get to see all types of birds.

AH!! I LOVE buying chickens like that! hehehe...

Congrats on the new birds!

I would LOVE to see pics!!!

~Lacey

Congrats on the new birds!!!!!

I just hope you quarantine them for 30 days. Far better safe than learning the hard way like many here have.

Congrats Nupine! I really really really want to see some pictures of your d'uccles when you get a chance! Maybe we can swap d'uccle eggs so we can both get some new bloodlines? Mine aren't laying yet (actually one may have started laying today, but we're not 100% sure if it was her) Anyway, send me a pm or something!
big_smile.png

Sounds like you brought home some great chickens!! Those breeds are beautiful and seem to be highly desired by chicken lovers. Good luck......Pictures are required you know, lol!
smile.png

Wish I could post pics, but I don't have a snapfish or whatever yet.
sad.png
Thanks everyone!!
Ashlyn

Back
Top Bottom