went to introduce new chicks to semi older chicks in coop

Copat

In the Brooder
May 7, 2022
I have seven 10 week old pullets (light Brahma, barred rock, and prairie bluebell eggers) and one that turned out to be a rooster in the coop.

I have 5 chicks in the brooder that are 4 weeks and 6 weeks old. When would be a good time to introduce them. They are getting big and outgrowing the brooder at this point. I would love for them to be in the coop as much as they would love it. Thanks in advance

Do you have a way to move them into the coop, but keep them separate? We placed a dog crate in the coop for the youngest to sleep in at night and had a small area of the run fenced off with chicken wire for the day.
IMG_20210920_164853978.jpg

Do you have a way to move them into the coop, but keep them separate? We placed a dog crate in the coop for the youngest to sleep in at night and had a small area of the run fenced off with chicken wire for the day.View attachment 3132542
Unfortunately I don’t. I’m waiting on my bigger coop to arrive so only have a 4x4 coop and 8’ run right now. However my 10 week old chickens free range basically all day. I let them out around 8am and then they put themselves back in the coop at 8pm ish and then I lock the coop up. So honestly the baby chicks could almost be in there all day by themselves

Back
Top Bottom