Went to John Blehm's and came home with...see pg 2!

Cool! You must live pretty close? It was a 3 hour drive for me! I want more, but I did hatch a chick from his line already.
love.gif

I'm only about an hour north and a bit east of John. I've not been to his farm before, but he sent me a good map so I should find him. I can't leave to pick up my chicks until about 4:30 and I can't wait to see them. I have ewes lambing and have to wait until my husband gets home from work so he can watch the ewes. I think it will be a long day.

I bought/ordered my chicks last November from John...just been waiting for hatch day. I live about an 1-1 1/4 hours from him...getting ready to leave here pretty soon.

My DH is actually going with me!
ya.gif
Mind you, this is the same man who wants NOTHING to do with my chickens
he.gif
. I'm sure he's got a hidden motive for going...can't wait to find out what it is.
hide.gif

henjoy...I'm jealous! I so wanted some Chanteclers, but he was sold out by the time I made up my mind!
barnie.gif
Now it's too late even for hatching eggs. I'm going to ask about them while I'm there.
fl.gif

Oh I have some bantam lavender ameraucana chicks from him and they are lovely. Very nice man. I also got some black ones. You realy do have to get your order in early. I missed the boat last year, but watched and got my order in early enough this year.

I went to pick up 10 lavender Ameraucanas....but came home with 16 chicks! 12 lavenders and 4 Chanteclers!!!!!!! He told me the Chanteclers aren't show quality, but will be really good layers....so I just couldn't pass them up...that would just be wrong on so many levels!!!!!
th.gif

Everyone is eating and drinking and they all appear to be super healthy.

13587_april_13_2009_007.jpg

13587_april_13_2009_002.jpg

13587_april_13_2009_003.jpg

13587_april_13_2009_005.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom