Went to TSC today and came home with this......

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by baldie, Apr 19, 2009.

1. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    NOTHING but some poultry dust! I thought I was gonna pull a fast one. We have never been to TSC, we buy locally. I convinced hubby that we should go and check it out, so we put it in the GPS and off we went. When we pulled into the parking lot, I started cheering "gonna get me some ducks, oh yeah, oh yeah", etc. Then I explained that all you enablers on here go there and just happen to come home with chicks. He realized exactly what I was up to, but figured it was too late, we were already there. Well we go in, so I sprint to the big chick sign, and NOTHING, they sold their last ducks right before we got there. Go figure. Talk about being shot down. [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Well you know 'your' saying about how things happen for a reason [​IMG]

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I know how you feel. [​IMG] I went into ours last week and just knew they would have leftovers! Not a one!!!

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I volunteered to go to TSC w/ my DH last week to get dog food because I knew they'd have some babies. When we walked in the door I asked my DH if he could hear "it" (peeping). He was like "what?" He should know by now. Poor man. I looked at all of the babies and then walked away - he couldn't believe it. Of course it helps to have a bator full at the moment. [​IMG]

5. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:That is what I said when we got home. With all the chicken issues this week, it was probably for the best. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We went to get polish and muscoy's last week and they just sold the last of both an hour before we got there [​IMG] But I did get turkeys!

7. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Or my last visit to TSC was for some waterers
    and wouldnt you guess came home with 6 new fuzzy butts.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  8. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I think I should have had that kind of luck...unfortunately (not really) our TSC has had new chicks each time I have gone in there. Got 10 standards the first day, 10 asst bantams the second day, 8 asst bantams a week later and 4 Polish and 3 bantams yesterday at a TSC in a different town. I have no self control lol.

Both TSC's only had Mallards and Pekins, which I didnt want, so I haven't gotten any ducklings. I was secretly hoping they would get some rarer ducks in...not that I need any lol.

With my Ideal shipment coming this week, my own hatching and all the TSC chicks, I will have around 70 fuzzybutts, yikes lol

9. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Our TSC had a nice selection of chicks and ducks on Thursday before Easter and by Saturday early afternoon - not a baby duck to be found anywhere - people were driving miles and miles [​IMG]

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I went to Atwoods, and they did not have any either. Thank goodness....I have enough, but those fuzzies are hard to resist. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by