Went To Visit Deerman And Look What I Bought Home!! *Lots of Pics*

Beautiful! I too didn't realize peafowl came in such a wide range of colors, lovely indeed. Ever since we talked about moving where I could have chickens, i keep mentioning a peacock... and DH keeps telling me that they are too exotic and if they ever got sick we'd never find anyone to take care of him, that vets aren't familiar with them.... CITY BOYS (grew up in Chicago)... sheesh

Figure one's just going to "show up" one day when he's on a road trip...
idunno.gif
"he was just here when I woke up"

I'm sorry, did I just say one???? my mistake!
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
buy a few peachicks tell him there chickens an then around a few week you give him the old what the heck that person sold me the wrong birds o well guess we have to keep the now.hahahaha my wife did not want peacocks though me an my daughter were crazy but she like them as much as any of us now she loves the way they peacocks look at the peahens like they are in love an chase them around showing off.

Last edited:
jimmythechicken I can see I'm going to learn a lot around here... I love the idea, guess it's time to work on perfecting that look of innocence, eh?

Quote:
Wow that is a good idea! Lol very crafty.

Deerman you are getting down in peafowl numbers nice list of remaining ones I am sure you will have no trouble selling them.
smile.png

Jimmy - tell Debbie that it is a 11.5 hour drive from CT each way and it is a long boring ride LMAO! I am not a driver but a flyer LOL I get there fast taking the plane LMAO! I am thinking of getting a few more but would rather pay for shipping cause it cost me about the same to drive there: 2.5-3 tanks of gas each way, lodging and food. I own a trailblazer and it took between $65-70 to fill my tank each time.

That pied is EXQUISITE! & I am so glad you finally got close-ups of him -- now I know what my Romeo will look like when he grows up!

Well, I couldn't stand it, ran it through Mapquest, but Deerman you are 15 hours away from me.
hit.gif
too soon after this knee surgery to put in that much driving time, for sure.

O well, the farmers are out standing in their fields (outstanding, also) & planting is underway so no extra time off right now. I have a feeling if I asked for one more coop, fence or run to be built, I'd probably be divorced by Jim and disowned by Dad!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
ya that is what i told her she bought a few hens from amy's peacocks in pa was about 4hrs each way we live up in the northeast corner of ct.she just love to see the differant colors an as i am sure you know around ct there is not may peacocks an about 95% are ib bs she has a 2 year old sp male 1 white hen 1 sp hen an 1 ib male only a year old.she really want a purple one next that is her favorite color i loved the bronze when we saw it at amy's.good luck this spring eggs

Back
Top Bottom