Mother to son?

BabyPea

Chirping
Nov 25, 2021
San Angelo, TX
Hello to all and I hope yall had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
Okay so I have a Purple BS male he has White on his flight feathers.(I can't remember off the top of my head if he has a white throat).
I have put in a white hen with him for their first time breeding for next year. I have his mom in a different pen she's also a PBS and has white flight feathers.
So 2 questions can I put mother in with son?
Second Question if I can would that tell me if they are split to pied or split to white?
I don't know the background color on this white hen so I don't want to bring in other chicks that will be split to Purple and have blue, but only if I need to in order to determine what that split on that male is.

If you can keep the eggs separate you can figure that out. Mother to son is fine, brother to sister is not recommended if you can avoid it, however, it is a useful tool in some situations. If the white hen makes Pied then Sonny is split to Pied. If mom makes White then both are split to White. If mom makes split looking birds. then they are both split to Pied. Each parent will share one gene, The White hen has two White genes and will contribute one White gene every time. If Sonny is split to White he only has one White gene and will contribute a White gene half the time so half of the chicks will be White and the other half will be split to White. If Sonny is split to Pied half of the chicks will be Pied and the other half will be split White.

Mom gave Sonny one gene that is either Pied or White so they are alike. If both are split to Pied they will make 25/50/25. 25% Dark Pied, 50% split Pied, and 25% India Blue.

If both are split White they will produce 25% White; 50% India Blue split White and 25% India Blue.

Both sexes will be made in Purple BS when bred back to mom. Unless the White is Purple under the white she will only produce hens in Purple and cocks split to Purple.

If you can keep the eggs separate you can figure that out. Mother to son is fine, brother to sister is not recommended if you can avoid it, however, it is a useful tool in some situations. If the white hen makes Pied then Sonny is split to Pied. If mom makes White then both are split to White. If mom makes split looking birds. then they are both split to Pied. Each parent will share one gene, The White hen has two White genes and will contribute one White gene every time. If Sonny is split to White he only has one White gene and will contribute a White gene half the time so half of the chicks will be White and the other half will be split to White. If Sonny is split to Pied half of the chicks will be Pied and the other half will be split White.

Mom gave Sonny one gene that is either Pied or White so they are alike. If both are split to Pied they will make 25/50/25. 25% Dark Pied, 50% split Pied, and 25% India Blue.

If both are split White they will produce 25% White; 50% India Blue split White and 25% India Blue.

Both sexes will be made in Purple BS when bred back to mom. Unless the White is Purple under the white she will only produce hens in Purple and cocks split to Purple.
Ah okay, Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom