We're adding some Tennesee Fainting Goats!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Solsken Farm, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

My farrier was here today and one of here clients needs to rehome her two fainting goats. 2 girls! I did some maneuvering with my husgand (who is so overrun with chickens, etc) and he gave the okay. We are picking them up Monday. I am SOOOOOOOOOO exicited. We have 3 dwarf nigerians and we love them, but they are whethers.

So now I can plan for a kid or two.....and some milk and cheese making.

Anyone have anything to share about them? I will post pics when they arrive. I have wanted one of these for a long time....[​IMG]

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    so jealous.......[​IMG]

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That's great! I have heard a lot about the breed, they seem like great goats. Can't wait to see pictures!

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I LOVE fainting goats!!! Although they aren't really fainting, but it's funny to see anyways!

5. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    My husband would be very jealous! He loves those goats.

6. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    When they get there give them time and patience and maybe they will warm up to you. They are a different type of goat as they are basically a meat goat like a Boer. Some take time and when they see you feeding and petting the others some will warm up. If you breed them I would breed to a Nigi or something small depending on their size. They can be trained to milk but dont have any here. Just take it slow.

7. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    When they get there give them time and patience and maybe they will warm up to you. They are a different type of goat as they are basically a meat goat like a Boer. Some take time and when they see you feeding and petting the others some will warm up. If you breed them I would breed to a Nigi or something small depending on their size. They can be trained to milk but dont have any here. Just take it slow.

8. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Okay, perfect post to ask my stupid question::

Why have an animal that faints??

I had an opportunity to get some but didn't because I knew I'd be scared everytime I saw them on their side on the ground that they were dead.....

Love my pygmies!!!

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:they don't actually faint, their legs freeze when they are startled and they fall over. no reason to ever panic.

10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm very excited for you! You will love them and since you already have goats you're a step ahead on taking good care of them.

We will need to see pictures. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by