We're pipping and hatching!

calgal98

Songster
13 Years
Mar 23, 2009
California, central area
My first ever incubated egg is pipping! I have 20 in the hatching tray. These are shipped eggs so we'll see how they do. Though we are on lockdown I had to open to remove an oozing egg. Glad I did. Upon eggtopsy it was rotten. Yuck.
Now just gotta get the eggs to all hatch.
pop.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Update saturday morning: Woke up to find 12 hatched. There is one more pip but the rest of the eggs are pretty quiet. I'll be moving quail eggs down to the hatcher today. They are due to hatch Sunday. Can't wait any longer.

Last edited:
Congrats!! Just found my first ever pip today too!
celebrate.gif

Now the torture part comes in where I'm having to sit on my hands because I want to go out there and lift the broody to see what's happening!
wink.png

Two more pipped this morning. These two are creme brabanters. Yesterdays' chick is a silkie and doing great! I'm having a tough time sitting on my hands!! AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!
fl.gif
barnie.gif
pop.gif
The two creme brabanters are hatched. One more is pipping and it looks like one of the EE's is pipping.....Only 17 more to hatch today/tomorrow. Then quail come down for a Sunday hatch.

Last edited:
Three hatched and 3 more pipping! Yay!! As a first timer and with shipped eggs, I wasn't sure I would get any hatchers. I threw lost of bad eggs away during the incubation process. I opened them all and was spot on with my *diagnoses*. That made me feel good. But I wondered if there were so many bad eggs if I was missing some. Guess time will tell.

pop.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom