West Chicago IL starting again!

winddys_wings

Hatching
Jun 14, 2018
Hi, my name is Bonny.

I was raised with chickens on the farm, and have been feeding and enjoying the chicken at the stable where my horse is located. I thought it was time to have my own again, but its been a long time and I am rusty. Looking forward to meeting you and learning from you. Reading your experiences and seeing your photos so helpful. I would like some information on rules and laws concerning having a chicken coop in west chicago, I have some recommending that I keep them inside but that isn't our plan. Want to make sure we are headed in the right direction; I don't want to adopt my new babies and have them taken away from me because the County or West Chicago or both decide I cannot have them. Would love to hear from many in this area as I do notice they are here. we are unincorporated west chicago and have one acre, zoned for horses. Found out that you still have to have a permit for the chicken coop and I only plan on four hens, no roosters. I am looking for nutritional advice, training tips, wintertime tips, etc. I have raised birds for over 50 years (domesticated) and I have hand raised many myself so I do have an Aviculturist level one certificate with AFA. BUT I do need to learn more, and headed over to the Backyard chickens group because it is a whole new ballpark. I am also not new to Message Boards, I run several myself and have heard good things about this group. Thank you ahead of time and its great to meet fellow Chicken lovers!

small welcome farmer connie.jpg

Hello bonnie :frowWelcome to BYC! There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Back
Top Bottom