Western North Carolina

Hi, we have just moved to the Burnsville area. We just got our coop area finished a couple of weeks ago and have 16 Rhode Island Reds. Good to know someone else from this area! Misty

We moved to Burnsville 2 years ago. We are in Pensacola. I have been around the area all my life. Burnsville is where my Mom was raised and my Grandparents lived. In fact we are living in my Grandparents house. We are getting ready to start on a coop area. I have Silkies, French and Copper Marans, and Cochins. I am going to raise about 5-6 different breeds so, I want a BIG Coop that I can section off for them. Do you like Burnsville? Where Did you come from?

Vicki

We are from Columbia, so not too far. I absolutely love this area. We are also going to attempt a large garden this year and start a small orchard. Probably have really high expectations but are enjoying every minute.

I live in Etowah. I am just starting the whole chicken raising thing. I need to know what breed is best for us in the mountains and also I would like a kid friendly chicken. My boys are 3 and 6 and absolutely love chickens. My parents have some in Kentucky and they love to check for eggs. Please help!!! you can friend me on FB if you want too. Nichole Midgett

I live in Sylva, and are readying a new coop area. Also wondering what breeds are best for this area. We will have a coop and "free" range in a protected, fenced area maybe 50x30 yards. Assuming all eggs will taste the same if we free range and keep them happy, we desire hens that are good foragers, decent/good layers, hearty in both hot and cold weather, don't get too breedy, and non aggressive. We don't mind rare, hard to find chickens if it meets these requirements. Would love your feedback!

Hi, I'm moving to Sylva in Jackson County next month. Looking to 3-4 rehome/rescue chicken and 2-3 rehome/rescue ducks if I can. Nice to meet you all
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom