Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
When I bought them my two little babies are listed as Rhode Island reds and they look the same but one has brighter feet than the other one....

Hi Everybody,
My hen that survived wet pox (with the aid of Betadine) now has dry pox. In between for a couple months she looked fine. As before, she eats and is active but the dry scabs are starting on her beak and inside the beak. I am thinking that since it is a virus it will never be killed off. Am I right? The strange thing is that the other chickens have never gotten it. Thanks

Hello.. i just posted a new thread to find out what this was (pictures below) but got no replies.. but after reading this thread and seeing the pictures im sure my girl (tiffany) has the pox too...

she is eating and drinking fine and roaming around the garden as usual.. i have taken her to the vet and have been prescribed baytril and another antibiotic.. these pictures are from yesterday but today it seems like the spots have gotten bigger.. her eye is not too badly affected.. but i am still cleaning her eye out with tea everyday.. i reckon if her pox get bigger and affect her eye im going to have to remove the pus.. but im really hopping it doesnt get any worse... ( the picture right at the bottom is on the way to the vet a few days ago) i havnt noticed any lesions in her mouth while i have been giving her the medication.. but i will have a good look in the morning...

any other advice i can get would be really helpful...

thank you

She doesn't look too bad. Just make sure she keeps eating and I'm sure she'll recover.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom