Wet cat food for chickens?

robinwhiskers

Songster
Aug 13, 2017
Long story short, we have 4 cats but none of them will eat the high quality wet food we have for them. I got a pack of 12 for free and I was wondering if this would be safe for our chickens, I gave them a taste and they really like it, plus they have rooster damage and now the roo is locked up so the protein might help them grow back their feathers.

The link is https://www.chewy.com/instinct-by-natures-variety-grain/dp/149509

The ingredients are: Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Egg Whites, Ground Dried Peas, Spinach, Carrots, Ground Flaxseed, Guar Gum, Natural Flavor, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Montmorillonite Clay, Dried Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Minerals (Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Taurine, Xanthan Gum, Artichokes, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Tomato, Blueberries, Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Parsley

I admittedly have not looked at every item in the ingredient list. Generally speaking, cat food is safe for chickens. I would not feed it as their sole ration, but it's certainly better than the food going to waste. My chickens get any cat food that spills on the floor or flavors the picky cat refuses to eat.

Do you think it would help them regrow some of the feathers lost to rooster damage even though they are not in molt?

Back
Top Bottom