Wet chicken

Shoptopodi

Songster
May 17, 2018
One of my 4 months old chicks was left behind last night and stayed out whole nightšŸ™it got all muddy and now her feathers are stuck to each other. They r not glue stuck but I'm figuring it's not easy for her to separate/manage them. What should i do? I tried to wash off the dirt little bit but she was shaking so i stopped and dried her off.
I've separated her from the flock and she ate, now resting. It is raining here and it's little cold, so I'm afraid to bathe her. Should i let her be and just monitor? Thanks all

Attachments

• 20200708_124049.jpg
    20200708_124049.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200708_124111.jpg
    20200708_124111.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200708_124115.jpg
    20200708_124115.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 4
No idea where here is in the world if you are worried and in a warm environment hose her down. If you are kinder than I am bring her in and give her a bath. Otherwise no action is required on your part as your chicken naturally will preen itself.
Thanks for the reply. I'm in louisiana. I kept her inside for 5/6 hrs and she slept. She looked tired and sick and was shaking which made me worried. She's looking better now.

I'd just let her/him clean themself off. I have a hen notorious for hiding and staying outside during thunderstorms. She's been soaked through SO many times and usually she cleans herself off. Just keep her warm

I'd just let her/him clean themself off. I have a hen notorious for hiding and staying outside during thunderstorms. She's been soaked through SO many times and usually she cleans herself off. Just keep her warm
I have one like that, my feral she won't leave her tree for any storm. She usually looks bad after any thunderstorm but that is just her. I never complain she eats my food and lays in our nest boxes. She is the only hen I trust to survive a Cat-5 Hurricane without my assistance everyone else is on the evacuation plan.

Back
Top Bottom