Wet fowlpox or respiratory disease?

My chickens and turkeys got fowl pox this year I think. The chickens seemed mostly fine just the bumps and more tired and lazy than usual, they also ate less. One of the turkeys got the wet type and I swore multiple times she was gonna die. She was up and down for 2-3 weeks. Much worse on cold days, much better on warm ones. I gave her electrolytes and used vetrx. Vet rx will help keep the respiratory system open so they can breathe, because her nose kept getting filled with mucus.

My chickens and turkeys got fowl pox this year I think. The chickens seemed mostly fine just the bumps and more tired and lazy than usual, they also ate less. One of the turkeys got the wet type and I swore multiple times she was gonna die. She was up and down for 2-3 weeks. Much worse on cold days, much better on warm ones. I gave her electrolytes and used vetrx. Vet rx will help keep the respiratory system open so they can breathe, because her nose kept getting filled with mucus.
Thank you for sharing your experience. My turkeys seem worse on cold days too. I will get some vet rx, thank you for the idea.

The hen in the first post is mostly better. I don't think the ronidazole did anything, she just got better on her own. She shook a lot of mucus and white clumps out of her mouth. I ddin't want to put her back with the flock yet but she took off when I opened the cage this morning.

The turkeys are about the same.

Back
Top Bottom