What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Each hen lays just one color. So you might have one that lays blue, one that lays green, one that lays "pink" (which looks brown to me!), one that lays white, etc.

The colors can shift a little bit from day to day, but not a lot. So the green eggs might be a little darker or lighter on different days. The blue eggs might be a little bit green sometimes but not others. The brown eggs might be lighter or darker.

On occasion, the brown eggers may lay white (it's as if they forgot to put the color on the outside.) When the same thing happens with a green egger, the egg comes out blue, because green eggs are blue ones with a brown coating on them.ran out of a color...
The ink cartridge had a bubble in it.

If I cannot say it I do not have it. LOL. It was confusing as some will call them by acronyms….PBR, RIR, CLB. I am not aware of an acronym for a Orpington but maybe it does exist but never seen it. My choices are driven by whether they make pretty lawn decoration….just kidding. Health, temperament., egg size then color. BYC has loads of info and in no time you learn more then you expected.
BO for Buff Orpington

I resemble that remark, 9-5ish week old grow outs, broody with 6 chicks, oh look I've got another broody better order some chicks for her too (4 on the way) I hatched 26 chicks 5-ish weeks ago, sold what I didn't want, had 9 left, said I'm done for the year, fixin on being up to 19 chicks again, what happened:oops::he:lau
Lol, this is me. Was only going to hatch for a friend and ended up hatching for me too. And now I'm keeping a few silkies. :lau

Back
Top Bottom