What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
I hate when my birds are having supervised free-range time, and I see that I am missing a hen. I went looking for her and saw this:
IMG_20240507_160110.jpg

I screamed "Sweetpea!" and she just:

IMG_20240507_160059.jpg

Damn sunbathing sleepers. 🤣

I handled mine every chance I got from the moment they came into my home. Some slept in my bed while I was doing stuff, others watched my TV. And others liked to hide in the toes of my boots. 😂
All my others I definitely handle! They’re the most friendly chickens. Most prefer to sit on my shoulder while I’m working in their run. But this little hatchling is soo new. I worry he’ll get cold.

All my others I definitely handle! They’re the most friendly chickens. Most prefer to sit on my shoulder while I’m working in their run. But this little hatchling is soo new. I worry he’ll get cold.
I used to (still do, but before it was just for them) wear a robe and I liked to keep the chicks in the pockets. They usually fell asleep while I was walking around, and the robe kept the heat in. 😊 Yeah. I am truly a crazy chicken lady. One used to sit on my head and I would wear a warm hood to cover her. Others climbed inside my shirts and slept in my fat rolls. 🤣

I used to (still do, but before it was just for them) wear a robe and I liked to keep the chicks in the pockets. They usually fell asleep while I was walking around, and the robe kept the heat in. 😊 Yeah. I am truly a crazy chicken lady. One used to sit on my head and I would wear a warm hood to cover her. Others climbed inside my shirts and slept in my fat rolls. 🤣
Omg that’s adorable! Covering your chicken on your head with a hoodie!!! Don’t give me any ideas!
My husband loves to put the littles under his shirt until our baby roo bit his nipple lol

Don't worry about that yet. He just absorbed all that yolk, and is probably not thirsty.

I like to put a few colorful marbles in the water, because then chicks will dip their own beaks as they try to peck those shiny things. After a few days, I take out the marbles because they are a nuisance every time I change the water, but by then the chicks are past the point of needing any help.
@NatJ chickie found the water. The marbles were a great idea. Idk if it actually drank anything but the beak was definitely in there. Whew!

Omg that’s adorable! Covering your chicken on your head with a hoodie!!! Don’t give me any ideas!
My husband loves to put the littles under his shirt until our baby roo bit his nipple lol
If it is really cold out (usually like early spring when Chick Days start) you can plop each chick into their own mitten to cuddle in. I lost many mittens and fluffy winter socks by sticking chicks in them. 🤣

Before I knew my big roo was a roo (I was in denial for a looonnnggg time), I would let him up onto my lap for snuggles, and one day he went "ooohhhh look at the shiny orb!" and bit my eye. Thankfully though instinct kicked in so I closed my eye right before his beak got me, but afterward I looked like some big bulky man had cold-cocked me. 🤣

I am sorry I have to bring this up again but nothing is more frightening than getting up, opening your eyes, and as soon as you do, You see a rooster screaming at you. The day after I had a nightmare about my chickens and ducks becoming intelligent enough to speak English and start saying random things like. "Human, We require the dot food."
"Human, We are mad."
"Human, Our waterbowl is empty."
And then I woke up in sweat :oops:
Could have been worse...

th (5).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom