What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
? WTF are Dutch rabbits?
I only know Flander giants, rabbits with hanging ears and dwarf (bantam) rabbits. In the Netherlands we just do not have Dutch rabbits by my knowledge.

rabbit
"Although the name suggests that the Dutch rabbit is from the Netherlands, it was actually developed in England. During the 1830s rabbits were imported to England from Ostend in Belgium every week for the meat market.
It’s rabbits that speak Dutch obviously

Ohhh so he is psyching everyone out! They do not know yet that he is a micro chicken, so he wants them to think he is big and bad before they all hit a growth spurt and he stays mini sized. 😂
Right?! Can chickens have short man syndrome??

Right?! Can chickens have short man syndrome??
My smaller roo does. And apparently yours does, too! 🤣 My little one is an EE, and my big one is a Sapphire Gem. Big height difference, but little guy thinks he is king until big guy kicks the crap out of him. Then he hides behind mama (me). 🤣

Hi, first time chicken owner, I’ve got 4 red sex link pullets, and 4 chicks.
Is there a chicken breed underground that I’m unaware of? Like the Free Masons of chickens??
Before I decided to get chickens, I read EVERYTHING I could about them. And yall chicken ppl blow my mind with ALL the breeds and knowledge about them. Not just in this community. I went to the feed store just to buy another feeder. Ol man comes over “oh you got some me chickens huh. Well you need some bebop’s and floofloos, and maybe cross you some yummytums and plickados”. At one point I don’t think he was speaking English anymore. “What kind of chickens you got”? I was dumbfounded I said “mine are red”. I felt so.. ignorant. Seriously where/how do y'all learn about all these breeds? And why is it important? I feel like I’m missing something here. I want to be in the chicken know!
I just starting looking up chickens everytime I saw one and I see what breed and then I read everything I could find … I still learn something new everyday I’d look up black chickens and research each one then white chickens fluffy chickens chickens with Mohawks etc etc 😂😂

I just starting looking up chickens everytime I saw one and I see what breed and then I read everything I could find … I still learn something new everyday I’d look up black chickens and research each one then white chickens fluffy chickens chickens with Mohawks etc etc 😂😂
There are chickens with mohawks!?

Hes a loner, had to rush to hatchery and grab him a buddy. My 3 week olds are massive compared to him. So.. here’s a black Australorp (that’s what the guy said) Named J.C and the hatchling sleeping I’ve named Murphy.
@tlcmurphy was literally the person I was replying to when he/she pipped seems fitting.
Awww, thanks! We have a dog named Murphy… also our last name… kids.

? WTF are Dutch rabbits?
I only know Flander giants, rabbits with hanging ears and dwarf (bantam) rabbits. In the Netherlands we just do not have Dutch rabbits by my knowledge.
There is a rabbit breed that is called "Dutch" in the USA. To my eyes, they are one of the more recognizable breeds, because they have some rather distinctive white markings.

https://www.dutchrabbit.com/
Here is the website of the breed club in the USA (I followed a link from the official website of the American Rabbit Breeders Association.) The site has some nice pictures.

rabbit
"Although the name suggests that the Dutch rabbit is from the Netherlands, it was actually developed in England. During the 1830s rabbits were imported to England from Ostend in Belgium every week for the meat market.
I am not surprised to learn they are not really from the Netherlands. It seems common to name animals for where they came from, or for where someone THOUGHT they came from (which is sometimes a very different thing!)

Back
Top Bottom