What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
lol it’s so funny, I hate bbq! My ENTIRE family disowns me at family gatherings. I’m only allowed at them because I love pinto beans and cornbread, so they give me a pass.
I went up north a piece at a restaurant and asked for tea, the waiter was like what kind? Uh the only kind worth drinken’ cold with LOADS of sugar!
Tsk, tsk.

Psst...I don't like tea, aka "sweet tea". Since I am the only member of my family that Went South I don't get shamed. ;)

I don’t get quail. They’re pretty, but do ppl eat there eggs? Or I mean is there a reason for quail? Other than cause they want them.
It's those cute little scissors that they use to crack the eggs. At least I think that's why I'd get quail- it's why I would get a few. I'd name those precious little birds after my relatives.

It's those cute little scissors that they use to crack the eggs. At least I think that's why I'd get quail- it's why I would get a few. I'd name those precious little birds after my relatives.
Had to look up the scissors. Wow are those eggs tiny! Now I really want to see a baby quail!!

Is that what the trick is? I bought a package of quail eggs a while back and kept getting shell bits everywhere when I tried to use them.

Is that what the trick is? I bought a package of quail eggs a while back and kept getting shell bits everywhere when I tried to use them.
I've never had quail, but I saw those cute little scissors and thought "I need quail!" Fortunately I came to my senses, before I ordered the scissors, 50 quail eggs, and a larger incubator.
I'm afraid to look at those cute little scissor things again, I'm afraid I might give in to temptation. 🤣

I've never had quail, but I saw those cute little scissors and thought "I need quail!" Fortunately I came to my senses, before I ordered the scissors, 50 quail eggs, and a larger incubator.
I'm afraid to look at those cute little scissor things again, I'm afraid I might give in to temptation. 🤣

I will have to keep the scissors in mind if for some reason I can only get quail eggs. I love the splotchy patterns on them, but not the mess!

Had to look up the scissors. Wow are those eggs tiny! Now I really want to see a baby quail!!
Ask and ye shall receive

Personal experience? You get tiny egg shell bits in anyway. Probably fewer, but still.

All the food talk I missed! I'm weird in the opposite direction - I'll eat most foods. We have quail salt eggs and quail century eggs going right now. The Husband and I regularly try different cuisines - dimsum chicken feet? Delicious. Raw beef kitfo? Lovely. Fish mok pa? Yes, thanks. Like the weirder and more pungent/flavorful, the better. The Husband has complained about me eating random things off the ground (in my defense, it's usually an edible plant).

I also love some good down home cooking. A basket of fried oysters and grits, or a low country boil...Southern tea is too sweet for me and I hate the weird aftertaste I get with too much sugar.

Ask and ye shall receive

Personal experience? You get tiny egg shell bits in anyway. Probably fewer, but still.

All the food talk I missed! I'm weird in the opposite direction - I'll eat most foods. We have quail salt eggs and quail century eggs going right now. The Husband and I regularly try different cuisines - dimsum chicken feet? Delicious. Raw beef kitfo? Lovely. Fish mok pa? Yes, thanks. Like the weirder and more pungent/flavorful, the better. The Husband has complained about me eating random things off the ground (in my defense, it's usually an edible plant).

I also love some good down home cooking. A basket of fried oysters and grits, or a low country boil...Southern tea is too sweet for me and I hate the weird aftertaste I get with too much sugar.
I'm not a fan of sweet tea, even though I grew up with it.
My father was a hunter and a fisherman. He believed if you killed it, you ate it. The things we ate! Turtles, and their eggs, snakes, gators, mountain oysters, squirrel- they are just little rats with furry tails, rabbit, raccoons, etc. I have to say that groundhog is the best of all meat that I've tried.
I lean more toward vegetables nowadays. I'm more of a gatherer than a hunter.

Back
Top Bottom