What’s the longest you’ve had a chicken be broody for?

Roman dombrowski

Hatching
May 6, 2021
I am wondering if my chicken will stay broody long enough to hatch out the fertile eggs I just got. She’s already been sitting on golf balls for two weeks. I just put the eggs under her last night? Is it to late?

Mine was about 4 weeks, but I physically moved her off the remaining egg because I knew it was a dud. She was still very set in broody mode with her chicks and was quite distraught she couldn't find the last egg

I am wondering if my chicken will stay broody long enough to hatch out the fertile eggs I just got. She’s already been sitting on golf balls for two weeks. I just put the eggs under her last night? Is it to late?
Each time a hen goes broody it is different, even if it is the same hen going broody again. I don't know what is going to happen with your hen, but I'd feel pretty confident she will hatch those eggs.

People regularly let chickens hatch duck or turkey eggs which have a longer incubation time. Sometimes it takes a few days for then to gather the eggs to start. I can't give you any guarantees with your individual hen but try to relax and let her do her thing. Odds are you are in good shape.

Mine was about 4 weeks, but I physically moved her off the remaining egg because I knew it was a dud. She was still very set in broody mode with her chicks and was quite distraught she couldn't find the last egg
I was wondering if my hen was upset her last 4 eggs didn't hatch. She hatched last October and all 12 eggs were successful. She was up and moving right after and everything went well. This time only 6 of 10 hatched. She would not get up for another 2 days and when she finally did she seemed really off. Just a completely different experience this time, I was actually worried. But all is well now, luckily. She is an excellent mother hen🥰

Back
Top Bottom