What’s the name of your coop?

My newest coop and its impressive even-newer run is -- quite similar to one listed earlier in this thread -- is the Taj Ma-Coop. It was supposed to be a simple structure, but the friend who was building it kept coming up with ever-more-grand construction ideas. My chickens should feel honored to get to live there.

The Chicken Wing. A hospital theme complete with a ward (roosts) OB/ICU/Peds (nests, broody crate, brooder) and PT (run).

I’m Dr. Mom (my teens and their friends called me that for years but I’m also the janitor here, so... ), the head hen is Hatchet (aka Big momma) and Spatch (cockerel) is the unit manager.

Presently, Peds is full with 2 pending discharges (cockerels to be culled), OB is slow with two layers and ICU is closed due to low census.
PT is very busy and all are making good progress. Livvy, a wonderful pullet graduated PT after she successfully completing her PT goal of conquering the giant pumpkin perch (flew up to the roof of jeep).

😜

Attachments

• 0838D7BA-F03D-4F9D-88B9-C94BFB2A166D.jpeg
    0838D7BA-F03D-4F9D-88B9-C94BFB2A166D.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1057690C-48D1-4C39-AFF4-893AC241802E.jpeg
    1057690C-48D1-4C39-AFF4-893AC241802E.jpeg
    866.8 KB · Views: 9
I have several coops with definite nicknames, though I'm not sure whether I'd call them 'official' names or not.

The main coop, I've referred to as the Little Red Coop, which is an ironic name because it sits at just over 250 square feet of floor space now. It was a reference to an old song about a little red barn in Indiana, which is where I live. I usually just call it the main coop when speaking about it, though.

My small coops for my extra roosters are collectively known as Rooster Row.

My little breeder coop used to be my duck coop and that's just what I called it for a long time even after the ducks moved out and the chickens moved in. I currently call it the Corner Coop because it's nestled in an outside corner of the house around back.

The last coop is placed way out away from the rest of the coops because that coop housed the Guinea fowl when I had them, and we didn't want them as close to the house as the other coops because Guinea fowl are LOUD. I don't really have a name for that coop, though. It's empty right now, but I plan to renovate it as a breeder coop for my silkied Cochin bantams once the mosquitoes finally die down for the season. Once the Cochins are in it and I'm having to refer to it more regularly, I'm sure something will come to me. :D

Back
Top Bottom