what’s up with my ducks leg

brynnald

Hatching
May 2, 2023
so i noticed today my ducks legs are really hot. she hasn’t laid any eggs in about a week. I looked on the bottom of her feet to see this. Could this cause her leg to be hot? What is it? I did research it said she could possibly have fever. How can you tell?

Attachments

• 1B1EAA26-7186-43EF-BF51-0230DFF50BE2.png
    1B1EAA26-7186-43EF-BF51-0230DFF50BE2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
That is a bumblefoot infection. You'll find countless threads on the duck forum about bumblefoot. Fortunately those aren't too big. You could start by doing a couple soaks a day in luke-warm epsom salt water for ten minutes, then using a toothbrush and scrubbing each scab with colorless iodine, keeping the duck out of the water for at least 10 minutes afterwards.

That is a bumblefoot infection. You'll find countless threads on the duck forum about bumblefoot. Fortunately those aren't too big. You could start by doing a couple soaks a day in luke-warm epsom salt water for ten minutes, then using a toothbrush and scrubbing each scab with colorless iodine, keeping the duck out of the water for at least 10 minutes afterwards.
51446240-5FD7-4C3F-A234-151199BB58DF.png
like this? i don’t want to use the wrong thing and kill her

also, could that be a reason why she stopped laying eggs?

Back
Top Bottom