What’s up!

NEPAhomesteader5

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2021
Hey guys, long time lurker who’s decided to join the community. Hoping to expand my knowledge and help others along the way.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I started raising chickens about two years ago. I thought that they would be pretty utilitarian to me (I.e food) but have grown to be a very important/ favorite part of my day.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
4 Roosters
12 Hens
7 Baby chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
5- Rhode Island Red
3- Barred Rock
4- Buff Orpington
7- Mix between that I hatched out
4- lavender Orpington

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I originally started raising them for meat and eggs, but it’s turned into sort of a hobby. I’ve played veterinarian so many times and I’ve grown pretty attached to them. They all have individual personality’s and I can just stand there and watch them for hours lol

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I enjoy a lot of outdoor activity’s. Hunting, fishing, gardening, working, the occasional video game.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found it through google. Anytime I have an issue the answer has usually been found on this community. I credit the information from this site for saving my one roosters eye. I decided to join cause I had an issue that I could use help with and I think I have enough knowledge that I may be able to help other people.

Last edited:
:welcome

Hello, thanks for joining us! Does having 4 roosters and only 1 hen cause you any issues?
That’s supposed to be 12 hens lol, idk if I can edit the post lol. I keep the roosters separated for now. 2 Roosters I keep with the hens that I got when I first started, the other two roosters I hatched out when my hen went broody. I keep them together in a separate pen and don’t have any issue unless everyone is together, which is how my one rooster lost his eye.

Hey guys, long time lurker who’s decided to join the community. Hoping to expand my knowledge and help others along the way.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I started raising chickens about two years ago. I thought that they would be pretty utilitarian to me (I.e food) but have grown to be a very important/ favorite part of my day.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
4 Roosters
12 Hens
7 Baby chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
5- Rhode Island Red
3- Barred Rock
4- Buff Orpington
7- Mix between that I hatched out
4- lavender Orpington

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I originally started raising them for meat and eggs, but it’s turned into sort of a hobby. I’ve played veterinarian so many times and I’ve grown pretty attached to them. They all have individual personality’s and I can just stand there and watch them for hours lol

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I enjoy a lot of outdoor activity’s. Hunting, fishing, gardening, working, the occasional video game.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found it through google. Anytime I have an issue the answer has usually been found on this community. I credit the information from this site for saving my one roosters eye. I decided to join cause I had an issue that I could use help with and I think I have enough knowledge that I may be able to help other people.
I would love to grow my hen farm and would be interested in learning from you. Brand new here like really new to all of this and would love for my hens to be identified I posted pictures. I'd really love to have a better understanding overall on raising them.

Back
Top Bottom