What’s wrong with my ducks eye?

CamilleTeagan

Hatching
Mar 12, 2022
I got 2 ducks about a week ago and this one little guy seems to have something wrong with his eye. He has a large pool of water to submerge his head in, I have used Terramycin on my ducks eye, and he has some electrolyte-probiotic-immune powder for his water which all has seemed to help a little bit but there seems to be an abscess of fluid by the eye. it started to look better but the bump with some sort of fluid is still there. any advice on what this is/ the best way to treat it?!!
Thank you!
I have attached two photos: the closed eye is before the terramycin and once it was a little opened was after the terramycin.

Attachments

• 47807AC3-F5A4-4355-8212-F4EBD4542C84.jpeg
    47807AC3-F5A4-4355-8212-F4EBD4542C84.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 31
  • E5965D57-8E2C-4E90-ADCE-D6ED8CF24D51.jpeg
    E5965D57-8E2C-4E90-ADCE-D6ED8CF24D51.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 13
You might try some nice warm compresses and see if that helps bring down the swelling. You can put some Epsom salt into some warm water soak a washcloth wring so it's not dripping and place over the swelling. I'd keep using the Terramycin.
Is the swelling hard or fluid-filled?
But if you don't see improvement and swelling gets larger I'd try and get a vet to take a look.

I got 2 ducks about a week ago and this one little guy seems to have something wrong with his eye. He has a large pool of water to submerge his head in, I have used Terramycin on my ducks eye, and he has some electrolyte-probiotic-immune powder for his water which all has seemed to help a little bit but there seems to be an abscess of fluid by the eye. it started to look better but the bump with some sort of fluid is still there. any advice on what this is/ the best way to treat it?!!
Thank you!
I have attached two photos: the closed eye is before the terramycin and once it was a little opened was after the terramycin.
I would absolutely get him to a vet asap, in the meantime, I agree with Miss Lydia, warm compresses may help reduce swelling

You might try some nice warm compresses and see if that helps bring down the swelling. You can put some Epsom salt into some warm water soak a washcloth wring so it's not dripping and place over the swelling. I'd keep using the Terramycin.
Is the swelling hard or fluid-filled?
But if you don't see improvement and swelling gets larger I'd try and get a vet to take a look.
I think it is fluid filled. Hopefully that all helps this sweet boy.

Back
Top Bottom