What’s wrong??!!

katetatom

Hatching
Nov 16, 2021
My little flock of 6 have all come down with what I believe to be coccidiosis as well as upper respiratory infections (all the symptoms check out). I got the powdered medicine for their water, and everyone seems to be getting better, except for one. She has gotten considerably worse. She’s so pale it’s hard to look at, her face is really puffy, making your eyes Itty Bitty, her face whiskers seem very, oddly, prominent, and the top of her crown is PALE and ballooned out, And it popped? And her waddle is RAW and BLEEDING. Tonight the white crown seemed to be lije the blister.
I feel like she’s a whole different kind of sick! Help!!
20230601_015359_Original.jpeg

Attachments

• 20230601_015415_Original.jpeg
    20230601_015415_Original.jpeg
    493 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230601_015423_Original.jpeg
    20230601_015423_Original.jpeg
    574 KB · Views: 3
What have you been treating them with and what are you feeding?
they gave me these at the local feed/store - CRD powder and 4in 1 powder to mix with their water. I put some of this medicated water with their food (super egg layer?) to make sure they get enough. I also feed them scratch, scraps, meal worms. nothing is getting better, and now I'm afraid ive misdiagnosed them because it seems like all the chicken sicknesses sound the same! they're very confusing and all lead to death! 😭

today they seem worse, faces more swollen, all of them lethargic., their feathers are ruffled at times, and significant weight loss. They’re even lying on their sides, napping all squinty and wrinkled and mutated …….😭 their poop is like really dark or crazy like this…

What have you been treating them with and what are you feeding?

Attachments

• 16858204000817271217288129313152.jpg
    16858204000817271217288129313152.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230603_120500.jpg
    20230603_120500.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1209.jpeg
    IMG_1209.jpeg
    719.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 1
they gave me these at the local feed/store - CRD powder and 4in 1 powder to mix with their water. I put some of this medicated water with their food (super egg layer?) to make sure they get enough. I also feed them scratch, scraps, meal worms. nothing is getting better, and now I'm afraid ive misdiagnosed them because it seems like all the chicken sicknesses sound the same! they're very confusing and all lead to death! 😭

today they seem worse, faces more swollen, all of them lethargic., their feathers are ruffled at times, and significant weight loss. They’re even lying on their sides, napping all squinty and wrinkled and mutated …….😭 their poop is like really dark or crazy like this…
Geesh, get some of this stuff-
https://www.naturessunshine.com/product/silver-shield-w-aqua-sol-20-ppm/

It's expensive, but it's an essential for me to have on hand for my birds now, as well as for myself. My meat birds were horribly sick a few weeks ago. They would start seizing and die within 20 minutes. If I could catch it before they started seizing, then it would heal them. Check and see how their ears look. I would put some apple cider vinegar in their water. Acv will give them a bigger appetite and just help them all around. Scrambled eggs to eat is an energy booster and is also gonna give them added nutrients. Plain yogurt to eat is a probiotic, so it will help build their immune and help them fight off any sickness. What are your thoughts on their sickness? I would order the Silver Shield asap. Crazily enough, I've found that going to the vet, buying the medications, etc., seems to not work more often then what it does. I'm not saying that it never works or anything like that, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem to help the birds too much. I've come to learn that the more natural way is the best in my opinion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom